Pre-Sales Project Engineer
Job type: technical
The purpose of your role is to provide pre-sales technical design for existing flagship clients, ratifying the department’s technical designs and drawing production for direct client engagement.
- Production of AV system schematics.
- Production of AV systems elevation drawings.
- Production of speaker/microphone/display coverage.
- Production of kit lists (BOMS) ready for pricing by the commercial teams.
- Review of design and build systems by sales and estimating to ensure functionality in line with client scope.
- Occasional creation of scope documents to support design and build projects.
- Working directly with key accounts to fully understand their system designs and to be able to produce kit lists and schematics relating to new requirements.
- Meeting with manufacturers to review new technology releases and understand their impact into the systems.
- Co-ordination with the wider sales and Bid Team to provide support for design and build tendered work.
- To be part of the Client Presentation Team to discuss designed systems and to take instructions as to any alterations which are required.
- Occasional site visits with either sales or technical to clients’ sites to conduct site surveys so that these can be included in design decisions.