Job type: operations
As a result of proAV’s continued global success, we are looking for a Customs Specialist to join our in-house transportation operations team to support our domestic and international projects. Your primary role will be ensuring products and consumables are imported and exported out of the UK in strict compliance with all relevant import and export laws and regulations, in the most cost effective and efficient way.
- Schedule deliveries on behalf of Project Managers for UK and EMEA projects.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all Import & Export customs, procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates, and any other documentation requirements.
- Processing Import/Export customs declarations.
- Calculating Duty / VAT cost for each consignment.
- Prepare supporting documentation in association with deliveries to include sales invoices and shipping invoices.
- Ensuring the option/route confirmed is cost efficient.
- Tracking shipments and updating relevant teams on progress.
- Log and monitor courier purchase logs for logistics.
- Manage any insurance claims in line with delivery shortfall and damage to products.
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures.