Senior Shipping & Logistics Specialist
Job type: operations
You will lead and control the Logistics team and their associated activities day to day. Ensuring all requests are managed and timelines are met. You will provide effective leadership, motivation, support, training and development to your team and you will report to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager.
The role will be to own the team and the department activities, this will require a hands-on approach, knowing when to manage and when to get on with the day-to-day tasks.
- Leadership of the logistics team on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee Logistics ticketing system, ensure all requests are logged and processed, this applies to internal materials movements as well as external requirements
- Manage the Logistics mailbox, ensuring all emails are managed effectively
- Be “hands on” as required
- Develop and manage day to day relationships with carriers, domestic and international
- First point of contact for queries
- First point of contact for escalations
- Working closely with Project Managers, supporting their requests for shipments
- Ensuring performance targets are achieved and SLA’s are met, and the Logistics team continues to improve and develop
- Oversee the creation and processing of pick notes and delivery notes
- Liaising between internal departments to resolve any project delivery issues
- Own issues to resolution, ensuring effective and real time communication to all key stakeholders