Job type: operations
The main purpose of the role is to support the Procurement Manager and wider procurement team to assist in the smooth running of the department whilst ensuring general administrative duties are completed.
- Raise purchase orders for goods and services.
- Prepare quotes for goods and services when required.
- Raise orders and authorise orders up to limits of published authority.
- Ensure orders meet commercial requirements.
- Negotiate with suppliers and end users on issues such as prices, delivery dates or specifications.
- Log and monitor purchase requisitions.
- Process client requisitions through to invoicing.
- Manage shared email inboxes ensuring all communications are received and actioned.
- Effective communication of all supply chain related issues to internal and external customers.
- Deal with customer queries, which will involve liaison with customers and internal finance department.
- Screening telephone calls, enquires and requests and handling them when appropriate.